Check Out Our Website

http://www.edenssong.org

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Healer and the Centurion

Please enjoy the letter from Kenya missionary friends.

Prayer letter for May, 2012
     
Greeting to all brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ. Geri and I are both doing well. We are thankful for God’s keeping power. We know some of you struggle with sickness and afflictions that are difficult at times. I would like to give a word of encouragement you in need of healing.  
Several years ago, my wife and I finished a one-month pastoral training in Nigeria. We then went to Kenya for ten days. The day we arrived in Kenya I became ill with Malaria. The doctor told me I was highly infected with the “killer malaria.” I lay for several days with a high fever and chills. After ten days I had recovered enough to travel home. However, about three weeks after we arrived home I became ill again with the symptoms of Malaria. I was alone in the hospital room, I began to ask God to touch and heal me. I told the Lord I was His servant and not a servant to sickness. My mind went to the centurion in the Bible, who had a sick servant. The servant could not respond to his master because his sickness had command over his body and he was a servant to it. When you are sick the sickness becomes your master.
The centurion sent the elders of the Jews to Jesus, to ask Him to come and heal his servant. Luke 7:2-3And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die. 3 And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.” Jesus responded to the elders of the Jews, by saying he would go with them. Luke 7:6Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:” The centurion heard Jesus was coming to his house along with the elders. He realized he had used his authority to bring Jesus under his roof, thus under his authority. The centurion knows authority; I can say to one come and he comes, I say to another go and he goes. He sent friends to Jesus, saying, “Trouble not thyself, to enter under my roof” Both Jew and Gentile were obeying the commands of the centurion. He understood the power of authority behind His word, which was the authority of Rome. The words or authority of the centurion did not have power to heal his servant, but he knew the Word of authority and power of heaven was with the words of Jesus. The centurion said, to Jesus “Speak a word only and my servant will be healed.” The humbleness of the centurion Luke 7 verse 7 “Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.” Luke 7 verse 9 Jesus responded with, “I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.” Jesus saw the centurion had humbled himself to become a servant for a servant.
We are servants of God and as a servant and friend; we will go to Jesus for you. It only takes obedience to move the heart of Jesus to come and heal. By your request; you send us forth to ask, for Jesus to visit your home. Believe; the answer is on the way.

God will add to your faith
Pastor Ray and Geri Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment