Check Out Our Website

http://www.edenssong.org

Friday, June 24, 2011

Waiver Not

To waver:  hesitate, tremble, be indecisive, shudder, or quiver. 
 “Waver Not”. 
 Those are the words I heard as I woke up the other day. 

It was early and as I stumbled, coffee in hand, to my morning chair I gazed drowsily out the window.  The sun was shining brightly as the petal of a newborn rose bent under the weight of the morning dew. A breeze happened by, tousling the leaf holding the infant bud in place.  It held on for all it was worth, unwilling to be sent scampering across the lawn.  It held on for all it was worth, unwilling to be sent scampering across the lawn.  I hope to hold on to the promises God has spoken over my life as tightly as that leaf held onto the stem of my rose.

The Lord wraps His hand around us much like the process of photosynthesis; turning atmospheric gas and water into food and air storing it for nutritional purpose. Never letting us go unless we pull away; promising life and it in abundance, provision through inheritance, hope, faith and the love of a Father who first wanted us.  Just as water enlivens and strengthens a withering rose, God’s word produces life.  I’m hungry to grab onto the scriptures, burrowing deep inside them; speak them over myself, family, and friends, write them on my mirror, whatever it takes to get them deep inside of my soul.  I don’t want to just memorize the Word but live the Word.  We must take the Word of God from our head to our heart to our hands and act on it.

Abraham was absolutely sure that God would be able to do what he had promised. Romans 4:20-21 says “He (Abraham) staggered (wavered) not at the promise (announcement, message) of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded (completely assured or convinced) that, what he had promised, (guaranteed) he was able also to perform.” 

The world offers so many distractions, alternatives and apathetic options.  (Really, Lord, can’t I just watch TV tonight?)  However, no demon is safe when we are walking under the authority of Christ.  Reminded of Abraham's passion I am stirred to pursue the promises spoken, longing for nothing to hinder the walk. 

Whatever you believe your promise is from the Lord, don’t give up.  Don’t reduce your dreams to second best.  Listen and be obedient to His word.  Stand unwavering, “For as many as are the promises of God, they all find their Yes [answer] in Him [Christ]. For this reason we also utter the Amen (so be it) to God through Him [in His Person and by His agency] to the glory of God.” (2 Cor 1:20)  And “Let us hold fast (possess, retain, seize, take) the profession (acknowledgment) of our faith without wavering; (being indecisive, irresolute, hesitant, fickle) for he is faithful (sure, true) that promised.  Hebrews10:23

Remember, weeble’s wobble but they don’t fall down.

No comments:

Post a Comment