Check Out Our Website

http://www.edenssong.org

Monday, December 2, 2013

In the Circle



When I lived in Las Vegas we had roundabouts at some of the busier intersections.  One time my Dad was visiting and he had to learn to drive the ‘circles’.  After a few close calls he figured the in and out of it all and proudly stated “once you are in the circle you are safe”. 

Roy & I live in a small town where the traffic is fairly light except before and after work.  There are not very many traffic lights, but the city decided to put a roundabout at one of the intersections.  Down came the light and up went stop signs.  As the roundabout got closer to being finished the stop signs were replaced with yield signs and the drivers began taking chances.  Sudden brakes eventually gave away to impatient gestures and finally died down to an easy flow around the bend.  Once again Dad was right.  One was safe while in the circle.

Often when change comes it’s like trying to enter the intersection without the appropriate signal.  It’s a scary moment and can breed insecurity.  Should we rush out and risk being hit, take an alternate route or linger at the yield sign? 

In the circle of God's wings we find love.  The word 'love' is batted around like a game of volleyball sometimes, but in the Kingdom love flows from the Throne of God. God sent His only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him.  In this the love of God was made manifest among us (1John 4).  Not because we are so great but because it is His nature to do so.  We cease judging by the world's standards because just as he has loved us we are to love one another (John 13).  I look in the mirror and wonder at how magnificently He has dealt with me.  The knowledge that God has love me beyond all limits provokes me to go into the world to love others the same.  

In the circle of God's wings we find abundance.  For most of my life I had a job that paid very well.  We also spent very well. When god called me to work for the church I almost went into shock when I found out the salary the job tendered.  My late husband had just passed and I was paying mortgage on a home purchased by two people making excellent income.  I wasn't sure I could make it; but I was sure it was what God asked me to do.  Out of obedience God declared His faithfulness.  I never missed a payment.  I never felt deprived.  And I never have since.  In fact, I believe I have more now than ever before, because my Father is rich and loves to spoil His children; as long as they share.  2 Cor 9:10-11 reminds us that "God is the One who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat.  In the same way, He will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.  Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous."

In the circle of God's wings, we find ourselves.  I am perfectly and wonderfully made despite my foibles.  I am created in the image of my Father.  When I was 8 years old I had a friend named Arleen. Arleen told me my ankles were too skinny and my toes were too long.  I spent a lifetime wearing slouchy socks and closed toes shoes before I realized that wasn't important to anyone but me.  My beauty, my value, my very significance is found in the personage of Jesus Christ and because I am a child of the Most High God, baptized in the Spirit and established in Christ.

I am loved and accepted (1John 3:3; Ephesians 1:6)
I am a child of God (John 1:12)   
I am complete in Him (Colossians 2:10).
 I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).
 I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).
 I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14).
 I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).
 I am holy and without blame before Him in love (Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:16).
I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).
I have the peace of God that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).
I have the Greater One living in me (1 John 4:4).
I am a joint heir with Jesus (Romans 8:17)
I am joined and one spirit with the Lord (1 Corinthians 6;17)
I have no lack for God supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
I am redeemed and forgiven (Colossians 1:14)
I am complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)
I am free from condemnation (Romans 8:1)
I am a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17) 
I am God's chosen, holy & dearly loved (Colossians 3:12)
I am established, anointed and sealed by God (2Corinthians 1:21)
I do not carry a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind (2Timothy 1:7)
I am seated in Heavenly places with Christ (Ephesians 2:6)
I have direct access to God (Ephesians 2:18)
I am healed by His stripes (Isaiah 53:5; 1Peter 2:24)
I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14)

The circle can be a daunting place the first time you come up on it, but once you gain entrance, you will never want to get out!

 











No comments:

Post a Comment