Check Out Our Website

http://www.edenssong.org

Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Light in the Dark



It was pitch black and yet from my window a small but discernible light caught my eye.  Attracted to the shining orb, there was a comfort stemming from the knowledge that all was not dark. I sat without moving drawn to the peacefulness it offered.  I couldn’t see movement from beyond the curtains, yet warmth consumed me in the smoke rising from the chimney.  Had I been a weary traveler, I would have chosen this home to rest from my sojourning, expecting to be wrapped in a cozy blanket and offered a warm bowl of soup. 

I was reminded this morning, through the word of another, something I forget in the light of all that is tragically going on in our world & through our government’s hands.  I am called to discern the times and pray accordingly.  To a certain extent, I succumb to how satan is trying to show himself more powerful than the Father we serve and at times  find myself speaking death rather than life over our country’s leaders or the situations that have been created over the years.  I am touched by the Father’s need for us to walk in His image bringing “light into a dark world.”

The fact is I just want to be a mouthpiece, prayer warrior and servant of the One and Only thing that matters most in my life.  It should be so simple.  I just want to have dove eyes for the things of the Kingdom.  I want to call Heaven to earth and live like the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.  I want to walk in the Glory, heal the sick, raise the dead and cleanse the leper.  I want to speak only of the things of Jesus & draw others to His breast. 

Some tell me those thoughts are too lofty, too ‘heavenly bound to make an earthly difference’ but I believe that being ‘heavenly bound’ is not only our goal, but the only way we can save the peoples of our nations.  It sounds easy, it sounds zealous; it also sounds ludicrous but it’s how the disciples and apostles were.  They pronounced the Name of Jesus everywhere, exclaimed over the signs and miracles, tried to emulate Him and didn’t make excuses for His sovereignty. 

And isn’t this what God has called us to in Matthew 5:14-16?  “You are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand and it gives light to all who are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven.”

1John speaks extensively about what it means to ‘walk in the light’. 
“God is light, pure light; there’s not a trace of darkness in Him.”  (the MSG) John goes on to say, we mustn’t stumble around in the dark or claim we are free of sin.  We must keep His commandments and love our brothers and sisters.  “It’s the person who loves brother and sister who dwells in God’s light and doesn’t block the light from others.  But whoever hates is still in the dark, stumbles around in the dark, doesn’t know which end is up, blinded by the darkness”.  (the MSG) 

We mustn’t love the world’s ways but know Who we belong to, Who has anointed us and to walk in the truth. “I’ve written to warn you of those who are trying to deceive you.  But they’re no match for what is embedded deeply within you – Christ’s anointing no less!   You don’t need any of their so-called teaching. Christ’s anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and Him, uncontaminated by a single lie.  Live deeply in what you were taught.”   (the MSG)

We must love one another. “The way we know we’ve been transferred from death to life is that we love our brothers and sisters.  Anyone who doesn’t love is as good as dead.  Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know very well that eternal life and murder don’t go together. This is how we’ve come to understand and experience love: Christ sacrificed His life for us.”  (the MSG)

Walking in the light of truth and love makes us the welcoming home to the weary sojourner.  Cindy McGill says, “We all feel it.  God is preparing the stage for a huge move from heaven.  Reformation and revival are on the way.  Creative words rest in our mouths.  Life words will defeat dead works. When we speak life into dangerous situations, we can actually see the transformation and situations can turn around in a moment of time.”

Today, I choose to stand on top of the hill!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment