Check Out Our Website

http://www.edenssong.org

Monday, December 29, 2014

Eyes of a Dove

Song of Solomon 1:15 Amp
“Behold, you are beautiful, my love! Behold, you are beautiful! You have doves' eyes.”

I’ve been thinking about this scripture for a week or so.  “You have dove eyes.”  What does that mean?  When Roy and I lock eyes we can speak volumes.  Love Birds.  Yes, we are.  When we fix our eyes on each other we are not distracted by the things going on around us.  Unhindered devotion.  For just those few moments there is no-one there but us. 

I want to have dove eyes for the Lord.  I am hungry to sit in His divine presence; to be elevated from wordly aspirations.  I want to possess a greater spiritual awareness.  Matthew 6:23 says, “The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.”  Jesus wanted us to understand the significance of directing our total attention on God.   This “single eye” will enable us to become sensitive to the Lord's presence, and obedient to His desire and purpose. 

The Lord's favor rests upon those who have cultivated a “single eye” toward Him.  These can be easily led by Him, for they are close enough to see which way His eye is looking.  Psalm 25:15 (Amplified Bible) “My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He will pluck my feet out of the net.” 


Once we are reduced to a single vision and all else fades away, our one desire becomes to completely abide in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment