Check Out Our Website

http://www.edenssong.org

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Don't Hide Your Light



It was a murky morning as, not quite awake, I grabbed my robe and a cup of heavily creamed coffee to drag myself up the stairs to our prayer room.  The dawn had not yet broken as I threw open the window to peek through the black at the neighborhood below. 

But then, my eye caught a small but discernible light through a pane of glass from down the street.  Attracted to the shining orb, there was comfort stemming from the knowledge that all was not dark.  I had found hope.  It called out from the muted first light reminding me that God had spoken promises over my life, over our city and over our country.    

As I gazed upon this seemingly brilliant star, drawn motionless to the peacefulness it offered, a smile stole over my countenance.    There was no movement from beyond the curtains, yet warmth consumed me in the smoke rising from the chimney.  Had I been a weary traveler, I would have chosen this home to sojourn, expecting to be wrapped in a cozy blanket and offered a warm bowl of soup.  

This is what God has called us to be in Matthew 5:14-16 by transforming ourselves into the likeness of Christ, becoming a reflective light of God’s Glory, offering hope in a dark world, sharing a smile or a kind word and bringing the truth of God’s word to life. 

“You are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand and it gives light to all who are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven.”

No comments:

Post a Comment