Check Out Our Website

http://www.edenssong.org

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Doves' eyes

Song of Solomon 1:15 Amp
“Behold, you are beautiful, my love! Behold, you are beautiful! You have doves' eyes.”

I’ve been thinking about this scripture for a week or so.  “You have doves’ eyes.”  What does that mean?  When Roy and I lock eyes we can speak volumes.  Love Birds.  Yes, we are.  When we fix our eyes on each other we are not distracted by the things going on around us.  Undistracted devotion.  For just those few moments there is no-one there but us. 

I want to have dove eyes for the Lord.  I am hungry to sit in His divine presence; to be elevated from worldly aspirations.  I want to possess a greater spiritual awareness.  Matthew 6:23 says, “The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.”  Jesus wanted us to understand the significance of directing our total attention to God.   Cultivating this “single eye” will enable us to become sensitive to the Lord's presence, and obedient to His desire and purpose. 

Psalm 25:15 (Amplified Bible) “My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He will pluck my feet out of the net.”  There is an intrinsic pull in all of us to follow God’s direction for our life.  I wake up every morning and move into a time of worship, prayer and asking for direction.  I leave that place of sweet, quiet presence, start getting ready for work and it doesn’t take an hour before I’m rushing around concerned about all the things that need taken care of; the household chores, family, work, Eden’s Song take that sweet presence to a whole other dimension of anxiety.  If I shift one inch inside that atmosphere my attitude gets worse as the day progresses, but if I stop and set my eyes back on the One who loves me most, I feel a sense of peace descend and life is good again.   Once we are reduced to a single vision and all else fades away, we learn the beauty of abiding; a branch united to the vine producing Christ-powered fruit.

I pray for you today, as you selflessly give of yourself in a land not your own and to people of a different culture and mind-set that you and God have doves’ eyes for each other and that all throughout the day you are fed life-giving water from the vine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment